Wildstyle Graffiti

What is wildstyle graffiti? wildstyle graffiti is a name given to graffiti done with aerosol spray paint that is abstract or hard to read. It is a style of graffiti that is wild , basically. Graffiti is about the letter forms, transforming each letter and the word to make it flow a certain style. Wildstyle is just another style of graffiti that is said to describe graffiti that is hard to read by the average public, but usually wildstyle graffiti is easy to read by experienced graffiti writers, usually the letters are connected to each other in some way, there is lots of colors with a nice background.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RIME x MSK graffiti Wildstyle

RIME x MSK graffiti Wildstyle

Wildstyle in Los Angeles

Wildstyle in San Francisco

Wildstyle is a complicated and intricate form of graffiti. Due to its complexity, it is often very hard to read by people who are not familiar with it. Usually, this form of graffiti incorporates interwoven and overlapping letters and shapes. It may include arrows, spikes, and other decorative elements depending on the technique used. The numerous layers and shapes make this style extremely difficult to produce homogeneously, which is why developing an original style in this field is seen as one of the greatest artistic challenges to a graffiti writer. Wildstyle pieces are also known as “burners”, meaning “hot” as fire. Wildstyles are seen as the one of most complicated and difficult tags and are often used to get an artist’s work seen (rather than to put a political message or any other kind of message across).

Pioneers of Wildstyle

The original pioneers of wildstyle were Tracy 168 and Stay High 149, and later such notables as Zephyr advanced the highly personalized style.

Styles of the Wildstyle

Wildstyles commonly include a set of arrows, curves and letters which have been so transformed as to be rendered arcane to the eyes of non-graffiti artists. It has also been common practice to incorporate 3D elements into the pieces, and even transform the whole letter structure into three dimensions, to add to the depth of visual perception of the work. Many artists have different elements to add to their wildstyle that gain that writer a good deal of respect within the underground subculture.

Be Sociable, Share!

14 Responses to Wildstyle Graffiti

1. WILD STYLE

December 19, 2009 at 9:25 am

SHOW RESPECT… THE REAL MEAN'IN ..MY WAY OF LIFE…… AND MY ART …AN EXTRA KICK-ASS MOVE…. TRACY 168..WiLD STYLE ..INNOVATED NEW STYLES TO THE PEICES WITH WRITERS LIE …BIG 149…KING 2, P.NUT2, SONNY 107 CHECKER ,COST,RIFF, CHAIN…& EVEN KINDO…USE 1 CHI-CHI..IF NOT IN THE LETTERING THE IDEAS… WILD STYLE..IS TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO IN LIFE!!! IN THE ARTFORM HAD TO STAY ON TOP…Arrows, curves and letters AND CARTOONS!! which have been so transformed as to be rendered arcane to the eyes of ''EVERYONE….WE THE PEOPLE..!!.Not just for artists. It has also been NEVER common! 3D 'S transform the whole letter structure into three dimensions'' YA THINK'', to add to the depth of visual perception of the work. ALL ARTISTS BROUGHT A DIFFERANT SPICE.TO THE ART ..THIS IS ALL THE ART FORMS IN THE WORLD AS ONE…WILD SYLE BABY.. WE ARE….WRITERS''ARTIST'' ''RESPECT'' WE ARE US ALL!!!… AMEN..

2. WILD STYLE

December 19, 2009 at 9:31 am

SHOW RESPECT… THE REAL MEAN’IN ..MY WAY OF LIFE…… AND MY ART …AN EXTRA KICK-ASS MOVE…. TRACY 168..WiLD STYLE ..INNOVATED NEW STYLES TO THE PEICES WITH WRITERS LIKE…KING 2, P.NUT2, SONNY 107- CHECKER -,COST-,RIFF, CHAIN.. BIC 149…& EVEN KINDO…USE 1 CHI-CHI..IF NOT IN THE LETTERING THE IDEAS… WILD STYLE..IS TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO IN LIFE!!! IN THE ARTFORM HAD TO STAY ON TOP…Arrows, curves and letters AND CARTOONS!! which have been so transformed as to be rendered arcane to the eyes of ”EVERYONE….WE THE PEOPLE..!!.Not just for artists. It has also been NEVER common! 3D ‘S transform the whole letter structure into three dimensions” YA THINK”, to add to the depth of visual perception of the work. ALL ARTISTS BROUGHT A DIFFERANT SPICE.TO THE ART ..THIS IS ALL THE ART FORMS IN THE WORLD AS ONE…WILD SYLE BABY.. WE ARE….WRITERS”ARTIST” ”RESPECT” WE ARE US ALL!!!… AMEN.. ''PEACE'' -TRACY OR …PEACE..

3. jacob reyes

February 27, 2010 at 5:25 pm

sonny 107 is my father and he is crazy talented

4. jacob reyes

March 8, 2010 at 5:50 am

sonny 107 is my father and he truly loved bombing he is so under rated i believe,, but talks about the guys he taged wit and said he will do it all over again

5. Jhon Smith

November 25, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I like guys.

• sonny 107

March 29, 2013 at 7:42 am

who are you, this is sonny-107

6. josh

February 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm

is he really your dad is one of my idols bro!

• Sonny-107

October 9, 2013 at 1:39 am

I had been away from the graffiti community for over 25+ years. In my absence I realize that many writers/artist who ran with me have acted as if I didn’t exsist; incidentally, there are other writers who tagged along with me into the yards and to the lay-ups who are now claiming to have been one thing or another; I am back, so please do not embarrass yourself by claiming to have been a “king” or “legend” because those are titles that I put in the work to earn and I will not have those titles deminshed, I will call you on it. I wrote two names, “SONNY-107″ and “MAN-2,” I. Pieced and wrote with some of the best: CHI-CHI 133, CHECKERS-170, TRACY-168, CLIFF-159, FDT-56, P.NUT-2… and I knew many of the greats: STAY HIGH-149, PHASE-2, and SUPER KOOL-223. So please start reeling in your delusional self proclaim status, (King/legend) or I will do it for you. You all know who you are!

• jacob reyes

October 27, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Yea he just got out,

• Floyd

June 21, 2014 at 12:52 am

Whats up Sonny. I don't know if you remember me. I use to stay on grand concourse
        and marcy pl. across from christ the king. I use to write HOW 2

7. Javier Humberto

June 2, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Graffiti lo mejor

8. nader

July 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

hiii I want to buy aerosol cap ! if possible pliiiizzzz ! nader barca (fb)

9. 69Riley69

October 4, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Heyy guys check out this graffiti video. These are photos of the ones i have done and the ones i have seen in real life. If you have your own account please like comment and subscribe to 2O11MoNsTeR2O11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXtMzbSHhQ

10. Pingback: Two Must See Graffiti Spots in Philly | This Is Graphilly

You must be logged in to post a comment Login